Course date: 21 – 22 September 2022
A practical and hands-on Scrum Master course to teach you the trade of agile team collaboration and leadership!
In this 2-day Scrum & Agile Master™ course, you will learn the most important and practical aspects of Agile, including all of Scrum. Unlike traditional Scrum Master courses, this course is extremely practical and covers agile practices that will help you ensure that your team performs at a much higher level than before.
This course will give you the fundamentals to be an exceptionally good Scrum Master. The course rests firmly on internationally established agile frameworks, such as Lean, Scrum, XP, DSDM and Atern.
We follow a clear chronological path throughout the course, which makes it easy to understand how and when each practice should be used.
Exam for taking the Professional Scrum Master 1 (PSM1) certification is included.
Contact us below if you want to buy this course for a group of people.
The course will give the team a toolbox of principles and practices to help it perform better, including:
- Lean & Agile Values & Principles
- Initiating an agile delivery: visualizing the end game
- Lean & Agile Planning: release plans, planning games, user stories, story point estimation
- Delivery: sprints, sprint planning, story points, velocity, acceptance criteria, tasks, definition of done
- How to manage Roles: Scrum Master, Product Owner, Team
- Reporting & Control: basic metrics, reviews, retrospectives, burn-down charts, and much more
- And more. Hands-on, Best Practices, Agile Kanban, basic mapping to SAFe®, Sprint Planning, Estimation, User Stories, Agile Testing, The Product Backlog, Retrospectives, Re-Factoring, Release Planning, Iterations, Planning Poker …
- … and much more!
After completed course you should be able to:
- Understand what makes a high-performing agile team
- Lay the foundation to become a much better Scrum Master than most
- Facilitate Agile events & sprint execution
- How to measure your success and demonstrate control to your stakeholders
- Support continuous and relentless improvement, including the delivery pipeline & DevOps implementation
- Anyone who wants to understand the core foundations of agile and Scrum
- New Scrum Masters that want to understand what hands-on, everyday, practical agile is like
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- Experienced Scrum Masters that want a re-fresh and update
- Program Managers, Project Managers and SAFe® Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters in their role on a practical level
- Line/people managers that want an in-depth understanding of how their teams should work to become faster and more successfu
- Access to Agile Extreme’s unique digital learning platform with pre-learning modules and exam prep kit
- Teachers among the most experienced in Europe with top-rated facilitation skills
- Detailed course documentation including exercises and suggested solutions, that is also a manual for you when you return to your workplace.
- Remote learning via virtual classroom
- Access to a visual online collaboration workspace
- Scrum User Guide
- Exam to get Professional Scrum Master I certification
Due to the way the course is taught, it fits both new and very experienced Scrum Masters and team leaders. People with different backgrounds pick up different depths and we get great reviews from both. This means there is no prerequisite knowledge required, but it’s an advantage to have some experience leading or taking part in teams.